Field Service Technician
Location : West Salem, OH
Individual will be the first-line field contact and must represent the Company in a positive, professional manner at all times. Respond directly and immediately to customer technical needs as they relate to American Augers drilling, boring, mud, trenching and associated equipment. Actions include operations, safety & maintenance training, commissioning of equipment and troubleshooting.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Travel as needed to United States and international locations.
- Train customers in safety, setup, operation and maintenance of Auger Boring, Directional Drills, Drilling Fluids Systems and Trenching equipment.
- Support the 24-7 technical support hotline by taking customer calls and providing remote support until resolution of equipment problem has been achieved.
- Complete service reports providing details of the work performed along with intelligence gathered at the job site.
- Maintain professional demeanor at all times with internal and external customers.
- Diagnose mechanical, electrical and hydraulic problems and determine how to correct them using blueprints; electrical and hydraulic schematics; technical, operations and service repair manuals; and parts catalogs as necessary.
- Use tools ranging from common hand and power tools, such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches, to precision measuring instruments and electrical and electronic and hydraulic testing devices including voltmeter, ammeter or ohmmeter, hydraulic gauge and flow meter.
- Inspect, operate, and test equipment in order to diagnose machine malfunctions.
- Handle and move heavy objects.
- Perform activities outside in all climates.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Prefer minimum of 2 years of experience with horizontal directional drilling, earth boring, drilling fluids systems and trenching equipment (or general excavation equipment) operation and maintenance. Heavy military equipment experience also accepted.
- Current driver’s license and eligible for international passport/visa.
- Follow directions from internal staff regarding scheduling and travel.
- Ability to travel alone when necessary and adapt to various work environments.
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office or equivalent software.
Click Here to Apply