11 students were given a financial boost at the 56th Annual DCA Convention in February when they were selected by the scholarship committee as recipients of the DCA-Dale R. Michels Endowed Scholarship. The scholarship was founded in 1998 in honor of deceased DCA Honorary Member and Past President Dale R. Michels from the proceeds of the DCA’s Annual Auction. It is designed to award students each year from a $100,000 endowment.
The committee is pleased to announce that with your generous support of the DCA auctions, we awarded a record amount of scholarships to both students starting college and people who are returning to college after a several year gap.
The recipients for the 2017-18 academic year are:
- Tyler Bruno, Cleveland Brothers Equipment Co., Inc. - $6,000
- Marissa Cartwright, Vermeer Corporation, - $10,000
- Ryan Corsentino, K. R. Swerdfeger Construction, Inc. - $13,000
- Jack Dockendorf, NPL Construction Co. - $8,000
- Theodore Hipsher, KS Energy Services LLC - $6,000
- Brycen Justus, Ditch Witch, - $7,000
- Alyssa Marano, J. F. Kiely Construction Co. - $7,000
- Tyler Morr, American Augers, Inc. - $8,000
- Cody Pascale, Utility Line Services, Inc. - $7,000
- Blake Thompson, Darby Equipment Company, - $10,000
- Chelshea Thompson, Michels Corporation, $10,000
The 2017 DCA-Dale R. Michels Scholarship committee was comprised of DCA President Dale Anderson, Miller Pipeline, Indianapolis, Indiana; Past President Director Greg Dahl, ARB Inc., Lake Forest, California; Dave Holcolmb, T T Technologies, Aurora, Illinois; Paul Rogers, HammerHead, Lake Mills, Wisconsin, Kevin Parker, Mears Group, Inc, Rosebush, Michigan; Kevin Michels, Michels Corporation, Brownsville, Wisconsin and Ruth Michels, also of Michels Corporation, sit permanently on thecommittee.