Seven students were selected by the Curtis Allen Scholarship committee as recipients of the Curtis Allen Scholarship. The scholarship was founded in 2010 in honor of the late Curtis Allen and emphasis is given to students entering a vocational, trade or technical school. The scholarship is funded by Halliburton and is matched by DCA.
The recipients for the 2017-18 academic year are:
- Isaac Bell, K. R. Swerdfeger Construction, Inc. - $7,600
- Adam Butler, Edgerton Contractors Inc. - $1,240
- Alondra Hernandez Perez, Case Construction Equipment - $2,560
- Shamari Jones, Case Construction Equipment - $1,240
- Cody Lax, Groebner - $6,400
- Megan Pitman, Drilling Mud Direct & Freight Direct - $2,560
- Dimas Turcios, Bentonite Performance Minerals LLC - $6,400
The 2017 Curtis Allen committee was comprised of: DCA Vice President Dale Mykyte, Pe Ben USA, Inc., Houston, Texas; Doug Anderson, INTREN, Inc., Union, Illinois; Dan Carson, Carson Corporation, Lafayette, New Jersey; Jon Heinen, Drilling Mud Direct, Pella, Iowa and Halliburton Representatives Don Dell and Ronnie Coufal, Bentonite Performance Minerals LLC, Houston, Texas.